Friday, 16 March 2012

La haye Sainte (2 in 1)

La Haye Sainte remastered, OK,OK Converted, well not really converted more destroyed. But you can carry both Complete and destroyed in the same box.....
I have used two farms for this project. I have cut off all the attaching except the ones that attach the front wall to the main farmhouse.

I have used two boards, on for the farm and one for the garden
Photobucket

Photobucket

The destroyed wall fits inside the now hollow wall, using the garden wall back to back and the top gap filled and strengthend inside with abit of old sprue
Photobucket

Photobucket

Repeated the same on all the walls, wallpaper "cobbles" and "slab" flooring for farmhouse
Photobucket

Ruined farm appearing
Photobucket

Photobucket

Destroyed wall being hidden
Photobucket

Completed ruin structure
Photobucket

Photobucket

I have cut away a piece of the pigpen to take the tall part of destroyed wall
Photobucket

Destroyed and complete buildings
Photobucket

Fine and course sand to be used
Photobucket

Fine sand around the outside base of all the ruins and the outskirts of the farmyard
Photobucket

Photobucket

Completed, prior to painting. I then added the Course sand around the perimeter painted the Farm
Photobucket
                                                       

                                                              The finshed Project

                                          The Germans arrive. Zis iz your billet Herr Major.
Photobucket


                                                             "Check out ze buildings men"
Photobucket

                                                         "und ze garten, any zourkraut?"
Photobucket


                                                Allied Aerial observer see whats moving about.
Photobucket


                                                             Two Regiments of 25pdrs later.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Another Building- Bungalow, using the same process
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday, 3 March 2012

Afrika Korps WWII

Last year I decided to build the German Forces for Operation Battleaxe, from the Rapid Fire Desert book. I had all the Italian's required, and I had given myself two months to build it from this:
Photobucket

                                                                        to this
Photobucket

Vehicles first
A collection of Britannia, Armourfast and Frontline with a couple of Lledo diecast
Photobucket

                        Primed white, then applied a coat of Tamiya Dark yellow XF59
Photobucket
                                  various stages of the painting process
Photobucket
                                 Lledo with stowage
Photobucket


Photobucket
                                 at about the half way stage
Photobucket
Some extra vehicles came in and I had to play catch-up (on the right)
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
I try and finish all the vehicles to same stage before moving to the next paint stage
Photobucket
                                1st Tank unit
Photobucket


Photobucket
                                A few conversions, HQ tank
Photobucket
                                 Divisional Radio vehicle
Photobucket

Photobucket
                                Divisional HQ truck
Photobucket
When all the stowage, etc painted, I then applied Decals and gave the vehicles a wash of Humbrol 86 brown.
Photobucket


Photobucket
The finished units
                                The 1st Division
Photobucket
                                Divisional HQ
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
                                 Recon Unit
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
                                 Armoured HQ
Photobucket
                                Famo Recovery Half Track
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
                                Tank Regiment
Photobucket
                                 Supply vehicles
Photobucket

More to follow: